Best ARMA 3 Server Mods
Last updated: April 17, 2021
ARMA 3 is considered one of the best army simulators available on the PC and the ARMA franchise has long dominated the market.
However, the game is not without its flaws which have been highlighted by the community over the last 10 years.
This has led to the creation of server mods that can fix and change the way the game work.
There are loads of quality of life mods that improve the foundation of the game, but there are also mods that completely change how the game functions in both game mechanics and cosmetics.
My Best ARMA 5 Server Mods List
Today I’m going to be talking about the top server mods I have been using this year.
The list below contains mods that add realism, change game-play and add additional content to your vanilla ARMA 3 experience.
1. Altis Life Mod (RPG)
One of the most popular RPG mods for ARMA 3 is Altis Life.
It’s a life simulator within the ARMA universe in which you will play as a “real” in-game character living in a “real” city interacting with other players also role-playing on the server.
Choose your role in society. Be a do-gooder and earn an honest living. Work for the police force, open a shop or get a job.
Alternatively, you could turn to a life of crime and steal from the good players on the server.
However, society will look down on this and there can be repercussions.
What features does Altis Life mod add?
- An in-depth economic system where players can build a fortune through property, trading, daily work or crime. Money can be used to buy items such as vehicles, weapons, tools and properties.
- Huge focus on Role playing and interaction between all players on a server. Altis life servers are some of the biggest servers you can join.
- If you want to Roleplay as a criminal you can. Take on the city alone or recruit other players to join your criminal network as you try to take over the city. You can perform bank robberies and player shakedowns.
2. ALiVE Mod (Mission Creation)
If you want to create and play your own missions and scenarios you can with this mod.
ALiVE is an in-depth editor and mission generator that allows players to put together their ideas and upload them for other players to use.
What features does ALiVE mod add?
- Create your own scenarios and missions using ALiVE. The only limitation with the mod is your own imagination.
- There is a huge list of pre-made scenarios by other players that can be downloaded and added to your server. This adds hundreds of hours of gameplay and is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for community-generated content.
- The mod uses an AI director to control the NPC units within your creation. The AI is very advanced and will dynamically react to your actions in-game. Making each scenario more realistic and challenging.
3. Multi-play Uniforms (Character Aesthetics)
If you’re getting tired of the standard ARMA 3 uniforms you can download the Multiplay Uniforms mod to add a load more options.
Each player can fully customize their character with new uniforms, special outfits and accessories that can be mixed and matched.
It’s a great mod for squads who want to create team uniforms or solo players who want to make a fashion statement.
What features does this mod add?
- Very detailed costume models that represent both army and civilian clothing.
- Use with other mods to create new ideas. For example, you could create a uniformed mercenary squad that operates as bounty hunters.
- Biggest uniform package available for modded servers.
4. Faces of War Mod
If you’re looking for an amazing recreation of World War 2, “Faces of War” will send you back in time with this outstanding re-skin of ARMA 3.
The mod is massive and adds periodic weapons and factions that represent WW2.
You can play as the United States, United Kingdom, German or Chinese forces each with their relevant costumes, weapons, animations and voice acting.
What features do Faces of War add?
- The mod has captured the realism of World War 2 with the recreated army load-outs. The creators of the mod have put so much work and detail into the historical accuracy. It’s a truly immersive experience.
- This mod is fantastic when played on larger servers with multiple factions being used.
5. ACE 3
Considered by many to be one of the best mods for ARMA 3, ACE 3 has it all.
The main purpose of this mod was to make the game more realistic and add extra layers to the extensive game mechanics.
The mod is highly customizable and adds loads of features that you can switch on and off depending on your play style.
If you’re looking for the best ARMA 3 mod of the year this is the winner.
What features does ACE3 add?
- One of the most notable features is the new medical system that takes realism to the next level. You will have to address individual wounds across all body parts. For example, if you are shot in the leg you will need to view the injury location and mend it appropriately. The standard medical kit isn’t as effective in this mod.
- The mod makes the game more realistic. You will see noticeable changes including war environmental changes, such as shrapnel from bombs and explosions. You can also see the bullets and casings you have fired on the ground adding that extra layer of realism.
Want To Add These Mods To Your Server?
If you’re interested in uploading any of these mods to your server but you’re unsure how to read the “Set up a dedicated server” guide.
Alternatively, if you’re running a private server set up by a third-party hosting company, get in contact with the support team.
Installing mods to a private server can vary depending on your current provider.
Your provider should be willing to install your mods for you for free if you are struggling.
If your current company doesn’t offer mod support I’d suggest choosing another company with my “Choosing an ARMA3 server hosting provider” guide.